The New Zealand student visa is a temporary visa that allows international students to live, study, and work in New Zealand. Students are required to have a student visa when they come to New Zealand to complete their studies. They are also required to have a valid passport and cover letter from their home country.
The process of getting a New Zealand Student Visa is quite simple and straightforward. The process includes filling out an application form, submitting relevant documents, and paying the associated fees.
Steps to get the New Zealand Student Visa:
- This is a guide on how to get a student visa in New Zealand.
- You can apply for a student visa at any time. However, it is recommended to apply before you start studying in New Zealand, as it can take up to six weeks for your application to be processed.
- The student visa allows you to study full-time or part-time at any of the universities in New Zealand.
- You will need a valid passport and an onward ticket out of New Zealand before you are eligible for the student visa.
- It is important to note that the Student Visa does not allow New Zealand Permanent Residency.
Documents Required To Get The The New Zealand Student Visa:
The New Zealand Student Visa is a type of visa that allows international students to study in New Zealand for a certain period of time. The student must apply for a visa before they enter New Zealand.
The following documents are required to get the student visa:
- Passport copy
- Passport photo
- Proof of citizenship or residence outside New Zealand
- Proof of financial support
- Application form
- Evidence that you have been accepted into an approved course at a New Zealand tertiary institution, or proof that you have completed your studies in another country and are returning to attend further studies in New Zealand.
In case you have completed your study and are willing to do a job in New Zealand, then you can also apply for the New Zealand Work Visa.
Different between New Zealand Student Visa and Post Study Work Visa New Zealand:
Usually, students get confused between Student Visa and Post Study Work Visa. Well, here is the difference.
The New Zealand Student Visa is a temporary visa that allows students to study in New Zealand for up to four years. It is usually issued for shorter periods of time, such as one or two years.
The Post Study Work Visa New Zealand (or the Post Study Work Visa) is a temporary visa that allows students who have completed their studies in New Zealand to stay and work in the country for up to three years. This visa can be extended once the holder has found work within the first year of their arrival.
The difference between these two visas is that the student visa gives you access for only four years and will not allow you to extend your stay after completing your studies, whereas, with the post-study work visa, you can extend your stay for up to three more years after completing studies.