Are you also one of those having the dream of completing your high school education at highly esteemed North American Universities? If your answer is yes, then Ontario Secondary School Diploma is available, especially for you. By pursuing the ossd high school course, you will be imbibing social skills, time management skills, organizational skills, self-discipline, confidence, dedication, and other life skills. Isn’t it amazing? But before proceeding towards the admission and other procedures, it is necessary to gather all the essential details about the course. Considering the same here we are with all the essential details regarding the ossd courses. So, let’s get started.
Who is eligible to get admission in ossd courses?
If you are willing to get admission in the compulsory courses in Ontario high school, then it is necessary for you to fulfill the OSSD requirements. As per the details available, Aspirants who are:
- Middle school graduates
- Current course pursuers from Grade 9, 10, 11, and 12
- Current International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB) – O-Level pursuers are eligible to get admission in the ossd courses.
It is necessary for every candidate to meet the basic requirements of compulsory courses at Ontario High School. The basic requirement that every candidate has to meet is 30 high school course credits (18 compulsory and 12 optional courses). Along with all this, every student has to complete 10 hours of community involvement annually. This requirement is mandatory for all. Along with all this, students will also be required to pass the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT).
Benefits of OSSD Courses:
- The diploma program is developed by the professionals and educators of the Ontario Ministry of Education, Canada.
- The qualification is recognized at the global level.
- There is an optimum student-teacher ratio. The major focus is on delivering a personalized learning experience to the students that too in a positive environment
- Guaranteed University admission in the North American as well as other continental universities
- Four semester system offering the flexibility of touring subject
- The whole study material can be accessed online and several others.
Frequently asked questions about OSSD Courses:
What does OSSD stand for?
OSSD stands for Ontario Secondary School Diploma. This is a diploma certificate given to all those students who successfully complete their High School Education from the Ontario Secondary School.
Is a candidate residing outside Canada eligible to complete the OSSD course?
Yes, any international student can apply and study in Ontario, but he or she has to obtain a student Visa.
To get the Ontario Secondary School Diploma, how many credits are required?
In order to complete the course and get the Ontario Secondary School Diploma, it is necessary for the experience to obtain at least 30 credits.
What credits count toward the 30 credit threshold?
This is one of the most common questions asked by the students willing to do ossd courses. As per the OSSD requirements, the credit that counts towards the 30 credit threshold includes the following:
- Day school
- Night school
- Summer school
- Private school
- Credits are given by other jurisdictions recognized for the Ontario secondary school diploma
- Dual credits
- Eligible music certificates.