How to Increase the Chances of Getting a Travel Exemption to Leave Australia
Travelling to and from Australia is a tedious task all in all. Visa holders and citizens equally struggle with the process of securing a travel exemption to leave Australia. In light of such a circumstance, there are a certain number of tips that you could rely on to secure and scale up the chances of gaining a visa exemption from Australia.
What is a Travel Exemption?
According to the strict border measures undertaken by the Australian government to protect the health of the Australian community, only a limited number of flights are available to and from Australia and getting the permit for leaving Australia with an exemption to travel. These travel restrictions imposed in Australia are subject to change as per the latest developments stipulated by the Australian. You will need to keep checking back with the government regulations regularly to see the developments in this matter.
As per the current travel restrictions stipulated by the government in Australia, unless one has arrived on a quarantine-free flight from New Zealand, all travellers must undergo a quarantine period of 14 days, even if the traveller is an Australian citizen.
A majority of the travel exemption to leaving or coming to Australia can be finalised within seven days; however, some complex requests can take longer.
- Full Exemption – A full exemption is based on the nationality or country of origin.
- Critical Skills – If a traveller is travelling on the basis of providing aid or assisting in the treatment of COVID-19 cases, then they can easily acquire an exemption.
- Individual Exemption – Exemption is granted on the basis of compelling or compassionate grounds.
Some Tips to Securing a Better Chance of Getting a travel exemption to leave Australia.
- Ensure that you submit fully documented applications while trying to secure a leaving Australia exemption.
- Carefully understand the documents required under the category that you be applying for
- Understand thoroughly your circumstances and how they are outlined in the submission.
- Plan ahead of time, and don’t wait until the last minute.
- Providing the required evidence is necessary as an unsubstantiated claim will not be considered.
By following the above-mentioned steps, one could be on their way to availing travel exemption to leave Australia.