The year 2020 was devastating. This year is no better either. Things have simply turned upside down pertaining to the second wave of the catastrophic Covid-19. Most young and employed adults are seen to contemplate the dire consequences of the pandemic. Some of them would fear losing jobs and the other half would constantly speculate the outcomes of stepping out of their house in the open. From CDR report writers to bankers and engineers, most working individuals are found to be in a gloomy state of mind these days.
Now, being a responsible employer, you should embrace definitive steps to boost employee morale and ensure a mentally healthy and positive work environment at the end of the day. Now that you are wondering how, simply invest some time in reading this blog.
It shall introduce you to the four distinctive approaches to monitor and manage employees’ mental health at the workplace.
Here you go!
- Support the idea of working from home
If at all your business allows you to carry out all operations via virtual access, then I think, fostering the idea of working from home will keep employees away from fretting. Factually, 18% employees work from home on a full-time basis. This is a clear indication of the fact that the idea isn’t awkward or too hard to execute.
Rather, allowing your employees to work from home has the following advantages.
- If you talk about the present scenario, allowing employees to work from home will ease half the burden.
- Since they won’t be required to avail public commutation or step out of their houses, the employees will gain more confidence and can focus on work, twice effectively.
- Moreover, a recent study has confirmed the fact that working from home is directly related to the notion of boosted productivity.
Sad but true; since we are safe at home, allowing your employees to operate from their houses will not only foster a peaceful working environment, but it shall also keep things safer in all aspects.
- Do not sound rude, arrogant or irritated
Being a CEO or the director of a company is certainly no child’s play. There’s no point denying the fact that employers tend to remain way more tensed and occupied than their employees. So, behavioural issues in the form of losing cool or ending up shouting at a subordinate are nothing new. But things can be curbed as well.
Take a look at these suggestions below to make a difference in your workplace.
- Even if you are having a bad day, do not end up ruining the day for your employees as well.
- If you are disturbed or occupied with certain criticalities, then avoid going to the floor or interacting with your subordinates.
- Take a break, solve the issue and get back to work with a fresh mind.
- You will be much relieved, feel better, and will be able to spread positive vibes among your employees as well.
The idea is to stay happy and keep others happy as well. Do not just shout at your subordinates and sound bossy across every simple event, minor issues and instances. Remember, your employees look up to you. Disappointing them will only bring an adverse impact on your business and revenue graph.
- Involve in healthy brainstorming with employees
This is again one incredibly effective way to manage workplace mental health. There are some employees who are seen to complain or rather regret the fact that their bosses are mostly grumpy and never involve in informal conversation. So, you can always make a difference here.
Most new-age entrepreneurs are found to be friendly and compassionate when it comes to interacting with their employees. So, what’s stopping you from being one of them?
Refer to the following tips and know how to involve in healthy brainstorming sessions with your employees.
- For example, if you are about to introduce a new range of products and services, don’t just brief the initiative over an audio call and be done with it.
- Rather, urge your employees to come together as a team and involve in healthy brainstorming.
- You can talk about your ideas regarding the new product launch and encourage others to come up with their share of suggestions as well.
- You may crack a joke or two, share a healthy laugh, put a smile on your employees’ face and continue the discussion accordingly.
- All you need to focus on, is nothing but treating each employee with equal attention and respect.
- The more you will involve your subordinates in critical brainstorming and the likes, the more respected or honoured they will feel.
- This, as a result, will boost their morale and motivation towards working on the particular project.
- Moreover, they can peacefully eradicate the mental stress of committing any form of communicational glitches, since they have already met their boss in person and discussed things without inhibitions.
So, you need to keep the fear or the sense of anxiety out of the bag, for the sake of your employees’ mental health. And, things shall gradually start falling into place.
- Check on your employees’ mental health, personally
I mean you cannot remain available in person all the time, but you can at least take initiatives to follow up with your employees’ mental health from time to time. Here are some easy suggestions on how to go about the follow-ups.
- Schedule mental health counselling for your employees, once in every six months.
- Appoint the best psychiatrist for the job and ask him/her to keep you informed with individual employee reports.
- Take some time out to read through the reports personally and mark the ones that need extra attention.
- Now, converse with the employees you think are mostly in need of counselling and ask them about the things that can make them feel better.
- Grant them leaves for a week or allow flexi-timings to ease the burden. Or you may choose to arrange recreational activities for the entire team.
- Also, you can introduce rewards and recognitions for your employees and acknowledge their presence and contribution to the organisation.
To End With,
Let me feel safe to assume that you are now aware of the key strategies to ensure positive workplace mental health. No matter whether you are into assignment writing service or other domains, simply refer to this blog on the go and make your company a better place for the employees in every notable way.
Good luck! Author Bio: Karen Hamada is an experienced assignment maker, working on behalf of MyAssignmenthelp.com. She is dedicated to offering personalised research paper writing service over the last five years. Also, she is a travel blogger and numismatist, coming all the way from Adelaide, Australia.